McCann Partners has partnered with a logistics company in River North to hire and onboard a Senior UX/UI Designer for a full-time, direct placement opportunity. Due to COVID-19, initially the resource will work remotely; eventually, the resource will need to be onsite on an as-needed basis in their Chicago, IL office.
Our client is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join a growing UX/UI team. They are looking for a leader who thrives at creating their own direction. The role will report to the VP of Product while collaborating with all members of the product team. Candidates should have strong project expertise and be full stack/generalists with experience in enterprise design, design systems, user research, low-fidelity prototyping ,and high-fidelity UI designs. The role will be focused on helping to build and advance their internal transportation management tool.
- Be the voice of the user. Work closely with company’s employees (a.k.a., users) to understand their work and define challenges and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Product Managers, and business stakeholders to define roadmaps and feature requirements.
- Create workflows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that solve business problems.
- Work closely with Front-End Developers and QA Engineers to bring product to production environments.
- Work with strategic analytics to test product features and understand user trends.
- Collaborate with fellow UX/UI Designers and Front-End Developers on establishing and maintaining design system components.
- Be an engaged member of the UX/UI Design team, working to improve our output across our internal and external products.
- Ability and drive to hit the ground running.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX/UI Designer on a Product Team.
- Expert at industry standard design tools; they most use Sketch, Abstract, and UXPin.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, comfortable leading conversations with senior leadership across the organization.
- A portfolio that displays strong visual design aesthetic, expertise at developing design concepts, and strong writing skills.
- Experience working across screen sizes and an understanding of the principles of responsive design and the 8 pt grid.
- Experience with front-end programming is a plus.
- Agile development methodologies.
- B2B experience.
- Experience working in complex and fast-moving environments.
- Experience in logistics industry is a plus
We’re Chicago-based and Chicago proud. McCann Partners’ leadership launched in 2011 to create a different kind of recruitment firm, one where relationships come first and community matters. We’re not just placing talent; we’re making Chicago a brighter place to work and live.