What You'll Do
The User Experience Leader role is mission critical to helping create (strategy, research, design, innovation, implement, maintain, optimize) a UI/UX practice for the enterprise networking business. The successful candidate will have the ability to define a vision and strategy for the future of the user experience for Cisco clients that inspires the organization to achieve that vision.
Contributing with team of UI/UX designers and testing experts, this is a role that will challenge you to help manage the team's workload and also to participate in it. Working hand-in-hand with the product and engineering teams, you are responsible for identifying and designing solutions which serve Cisco clients' needs, goals and requirements for a seamless experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering a Cisco signature experience for clients.
* Work closely with a team of Product Managers and Designers (UI/UX) to create an intuitive, cohesive and seamless user experience across all products.
* Collaborate with Product Management to influence product strategy and roadmap.
* Work with the Engineering team to ensure technical business needs are met while maintaining a strong focus on the user experience.
* Advocate and be the voice of Cisco's customers in the Company's product development process.
* Distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions.
* Create a signature experience for Cisco software and solutions that are aligned to the Company's brand values.
Who You'll Work With
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco (or “the Company”) and it is transforming customers' businesses worldwide. Cisco is the pioneer of networking and has been since the early days of connectivity. Today, Cisco is building teams that are expanding technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, they are connecting the unconnected.
The Enterprise Products and Solutions Organization at Cisco is responsible for $34B in annual revenue and the strategy, solutions and products that come along with the management and growth of that revenue. This team works across Cisco's product and technology development groups and partners to create solutions that ultimately hold supreme value for the customers. From their core business of routing, wireless and switching to their new technologies in Software Defined Networking (SDN), Connected Mobile Experience (CMX) and the Internet of Everything (IoE) - there is not an enterprise customer segment Cisco doesn't touch in some significant way. Cisco's range of customers is vast and wide…from global tech behemoths to worldwide manufacturers to local small businesses and everything in between.
Who You Are
Experience and Technical Skills
* 7+ years designing user experiences and interaction design for rich, interactive, consumer or enterprise web applications.
* A track record of success communicating and driving a design vision.
* Experience collaborating with senior executives to understand business objectives; ability to present design goals, process and vision to senior leadership.
* Expertise in defining and implementing user experience guidelines; demonstrated experience with industry/platform standards.
* Experience in conceptual development and rapid creative prototyping as well as tactical UI design and implementation.
* Project management experience; experience with various design methodologies and processes including Agile development.
Professional and Personal Attributes
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Superior strategic thinking, influence and leadership skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Independent and self-motivated.
* Degree or work experience equivalent in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science or Digital Design.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA, 95134