A UX Designer at UWM is passionate about creating elegant experiences that align business goals with user's needs. You will collaborate with business stakeholders, product owners, development teams and other members of the UX team to create the best possible user experience. This position will allow you to have wide reaching influence over the relationship between our users and UWM.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOURequired:
- Strong collaborator who enjoys working with a cross-disciplined team
- Employ use of various UX research methods for data driven design decisions
- Meet with stakeholders and development teams to understand business and functional requirements
- Create wireframes/mock-ups/reports for internal and external facing products and present to development team and stakeholders
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in UX Design
- Strong ability to assess designs based on usability and UX best practices and communicate findings/recommendations to team members
- Experience with responsive design standards for desktop, tablet and native mobile applications
- Knowledge and experience with managing the software lifecycle and Agile environments
- Working knowledge of accessibility standards, WCAG
- Familiar with the creation of user personas, user journeys and other design artifacts
- Experience with modern design tools (E.g. Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma)
- Proficient in creating wireframes / mock-ups / live demos
- Experience with usability testing software (E.g. UserTesting, Optimal Workshop) and methods to understand user behavior (Moderated/unmoderated usability testing, A/B tests, card sorting, surveys, etc.)
- Experience in mentoring junior UX designers
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Interaction Design
- Knowledge of creating / maintaining design systems
- Designing to brand standards / style guides
- Experience with heuristic analysis
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!