Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.comJob Summary
First American is looking for an experienced researcher to contribute to our qualitative and quantitative research functions. You'll conduct research that helps inform each stage of the product development lifecycle to drive cross-functional decision-making with mountains of data-driven evidence.Essential Functions
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Ability to translate business questions to key research objectives, leveraging the best methodology to execute research, to synthesize and analyze findings.
- Adapt methods to the research question at hand using a range of methods, weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data-informed understanding.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the appropriate methodology.
- Communicate clearly with stakeholders and align and execute critical insights that align with the business top needs and timelines.
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy.
- Design and execute end-to-end custom primary research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of business impact, UX, HCI, and social science.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (product management, data science, analytics, business, design, engineering) to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding the ways in which our customers interface with our applications, and design research that uniquely contributes to solving for those knowledge gaps.
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through ambiguous and fast-changing environments.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions.
- Select how to invest your time and guide the team on which tradeoffs are acceptable given the business question.
- Ability to explain metric analysis and analytical decisions clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
- Competence in key quantitative methodologies, e.g. card sorting and surveys.
- Act as a thought leader in research, while advocating for people who interact with our products.
- Mentor other researchers, and uphold our team's high standard of work.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Experience with technologies and resources for designers and UI developers: e.g., design systems, design tools and workflows.
- Solid understanding of Agile, Lean and DevOps Principles.
- Proven fluency in a wide array of mixed-method research methodologies.
- Experience in outcome-based delivery being business and solution focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define business and technical parameters.
- Has knowledge of general business environment/operations and is sensitive to cost benefit fundamentals.
- BA/BSc in Computer Science with a focus on Human Computer Interaction and or Design
Typical Range of Experience
- MS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Experimental Psychology, or a related field.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Master in Applied Statistics, Economics and Social Studies, Human Computer Interaction, Psychological Statistics, or Psychology.
- 6+ years of experience conducting product research, user experience (UX) research, or research in an applied setting
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.