|What you will be doing: |
The Senior User Experience - User Interface Designer will be responsible for creating compelling user experiences for software medical devices. This role will create features from concept to design completion and then see them through the development process.
- Participate in research and design sessions with customers, internal users, and key stakeholders.
- Understand customer needs and key business drivers and develop solutions that effectively address both.
- Help define project requirements and develop user-centered design best practices to build best-in-class products and user experiences.
- Design and create user experience architecture diagrams (site maps, task flows) and wireframes.
- The ability to consolidate and translate research findings, team input, client needs/strategy and brand characteristics into authentic and usable interface solutions.
- Design user interfaces for medical device consoles, touch screen panels, desktop, TV, web and mobile applications.
- Concept design for Arthrex products using sketches and 2D imagery.
Experience you will need:
- 5 + years’ experience in interaction design.
- 3 + years’ experience working on interfaces in the medical industry preferred.
- Experience within software development.
- Experience with design sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Experience in understanding and designing the relationship between the GUI, physical controls, and industrial design to enhance the overall user experience with an application.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables.
Knowledge/Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Work comfortably in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong design thinking, human-centered design skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human factors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems design.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Principle, and Invision.
- Work effectively within and across teams, with multiple personality types and cultural backgrounds.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design, or similar required.
Watch the video below to review the top reasons to work for Arthrex: