MUST BE GC OR CITIZEN ONLY!!
Maintain high availability of UNIX, AWS Cloud, Network and other critical systems.
Automate deployments via Puppet and Kubernetes.
The incumbent will be an Enterprise level IT Engineer. Must have deep technical experience in eight or more of the technologies listed below. The following technologies are in scope:
- Linux Systems Administration (Oracle preferred)
- Accredited training in Salesforce integration, Heroku, Information Security, Cloud Engineering
- Accredited training in AWS integration and security
- VmCloud on AWS
- Puppet or Chef or Ansible
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- PBX and general telephony experience
- SAN/NAS Administration & Tuning
- General PC/Laptop Support
- Cisco Networking
- F5 Load Balancing
- Oracle Web Log Server
- Oracle Identity Manager
- Nagios XI
- Active Directory
- Oracle Application Middleware support
Automation Experience - we believe in automating tasks to make our work easier, and we'll want you to play a key role in helping us do that.
Scripting and programming experience required.
- Minimum eight years’ experience as systems administrator on medium to large UNIX environments.
- Minimum two years’ experience with Oracle Redhat Linux.
- Experience with EMC or other SAN equipment.
- Knowledge of UNIX and network enterprise security issues.
- Experience with TCP/IP networks, hubs, switches, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Participates in the evaluation, development and implementation of security standards, procedures and guidelines for in the above technologies.
- Recommends scalable, advanced technologies and methods to integrate technical infrastructure, enabling the creation of new infrastructure or expanding existing technical capability.
- Works with vendors and other technical infrastructure areas to resolve technical issues and work-flow problems.
- Stays up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise.
- Researches and evaluates new products and vendor proposals.
- Consults with staff responsible for determining hardware requirements and communication bandwidth to support projected transaction volumes and response time and system availability targets.
- Reviews the development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques related to the above technologies. Also investigates and recommends appropriate corrective actions.
- Performs access control and account administration of critical information resources.
- Acts as liaison to product groups and assists them in implementation of data privacy, information security technologies, and application security.
Professional Qualities (Education, Experience, Skills) Leadership
- Reinforces team approach throughout development efforts.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Maintains lasting client relationships.
- Ensures that we consistently deliver superior technical solutions to clients related to area of expertise.
Excellent customer communications skills
- Familiarity with ITIL principles – especially concepts of Service Ownership
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Willing to take on additional tasks not mentioned already
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.