The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity
is a constantly changing and evolving challenge - one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity
, then we are the right fit for you.Job Description:Company Overview
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.Role Overview
We are seeking a Senior User Experience and User Interface Designer for the financial services industries. In this role, you will envision the new and improved user experiences for existing products and new solutions. This requires advanced experience with interaction design principles, standards, concepts, human-centered design theory, and visual design skills utilizing current design trends.Responsibilities
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to hand-off to engineering to refinement.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and a seamless user experience to complex designs.
- Execute strategic design and information architecture decisions, applying strong empathy for users and the ability to simplify complex requirements into an intuitive UI.
- Translate concepts and requirements into personas, journey maps, storyboards, user flows, interactive prototypes, and user stories that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Mentor other designers and foster a collaborative environment with constructive feedback to produce the best designs.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for the product.
- Take a user-centered design approach, applying strong visual design skills, and rapidly test and iterate.
- Assist with the development and implementation of designs by collaborating hand-in-hand with developers to ensure designed experiences are realized.
- Facilitate design thinking sessions both internally and client facing as needed.
- Act as an advocate for user-centered design to ensure well-designed products, with features and interfaces that allow users to accomplish their tasks easily and efficiently.
- Self-motivated, proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, and the ability to balance great design while meeting short deadline
- Experience estimating design efforts and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Executive presence - outstanding communication, design thought leadership, presentation and storytelling skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Service Design, Graphic Design, Software Engineering or Behavioral Science discipline.
- 7+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role, participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and/or software applications
- Strong portfolio showcasing your direct contributions to similar enterprise software products
- Deep understanding of user experience and human-centered design principles and experience with research and user testing, human-centered design, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, information architecture, interaction design, accessibility standards, and experience with design requirements documentation.
- Advanced ability to communicate complex information using design tools, including low fidelity to high fidelity prototypes, journey maps, storyboards, service blueprints, task flows, diagrams, wireframes & specs, and presentations
- Experience establishing design systems and standards
- Strong understanding of user-centered design process, modern interaction design principles with a combination of design expertise and hands-on UI development skill
- Ability to write and illustrate complete functional specifications of product-designed features and work with software development teams to ensure implementation of the designs
- Fluency with UX design-related software and tools (e.g. UX Pin, Figma,Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Masters Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Service Design, Graphic Design, Software Engineering or Behavioral Science discipline
- Experience in UX and UI design for modern B2B and SaaS products
- Experience with AI, automation, integration, and business process management
- Experience designing for users in relevant industries (Financial Services, Insurance, Banking)
- Experience with Design Thinking Methodologies
- Background in information systems, web development, enterprise software design
Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at for assistance.