1 Howard St, Burlington, VT, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
208656 Cox Automotive
is seeking a Senior User Interface Engineer
to join our Digital Storefront team in Burlington, VT
The Digital Storefront team is responsible for managing and executing the strategic priorities for Cox Automotive's Partners and our Core Product line, delivering premium-quality solutions with an agile and team-driven approach. On this team, you will have the opportunity to do your best work and revolutionize the way the world buys, sells, and owns cars.
Risk-taking is encouraged here, and we reward remarkable results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you'll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.Job Summary:
As a Sr. User Interface Engineer
, you are responsible for planning, designing, and producing websites and other screen-based digital media solutions. You will also play a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring emerging trends.
Digital Storefront teams take pride in their Agile approach of delivering the highest value work to clients. The nature of that work and the technologies used to deliver the value can vary. We are looking for Software Engineers who want to use multiple technologies across our tech stack to help solve the most challenging client requests. Delivering the client value is the focus, which requires the ability to work throughout our tech stack and potentially utilizing all of the technologies listed below.What You'll Do:
Technologies We Use:Development languages/frameworks:
- Work with Product Management to understand the challenges that end users face and partner with customers to design viable front-end solutions
- Provide input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for front-end solutions.
- Design, create, develop, and maintain dynamic user interfaces for multiple applications, complete with page-level unit testing
- Architect and implement front-end frameworks to increase development speed-to-market
- Develop high-traffic multi-tier applications that serve web pages to millions of consumers
- Perform troubleshooting efforts and investigations when necessary
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products
- Actively work with less experienced user interface engineers to provide technical guidance and direction
- Actively participate in the engineering community, stay up to date on new web development technologies and best practices, and share insights with others in the organization
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to identify technical problems, assess potential options, and build solutions that achieve business goals and meet operational requirements
- Work with designers, UX specialists, and the product organization to create UI prototypes and production assets
- Plan and cost UI development activities, building in time for iteration, user feedback, and design changes, and articulating the costs and benefits of different design approaches
- Design, code, test, iterate on, and document applications and scripts based on product specifications, using industry-standard tools and practices
- Take part in reviews of your work and lead reviews of colleagues' work
ECS, ALB, S3, DynamoDB, and moreDevOps Tools:
New Relic, SumoLogic, Jenkins, LaunchDarkly, PagerDuty, Terraform, GitHub Enterprise Qualifications: Required:
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 5 years of industry-related experience or equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience of 9 years in lieu of a degree or master's degree in Computer Science with 2+ years of industry-related experience
Perks? Of course!
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience within the full software development lifecycle from conception and design to implementation and support
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Working experience with UX and design patterns
- Willingness to work within Agile development methodologies
- An understanding of database technologies and logical and physical data modeling
Cox Automotive offers an employee-centric environment with resources and advancement opportunities across our 25+ brands. We have comprehensive benefits (health and dental kick in on Day 1), in addition to a compelling 401K and Unlimited PTO. Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our team today.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.