Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Open to REMOTE candidates!!!!!
The Systems Administrator role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, patching, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Administrator will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
• Systems administration responsibilities include server and desktop OS, Citrix, applications-related administration, perimeter device administration, virtualization technologies, systems monitoring/management. Develop and provide specifications for server amd desktop hardware, OS, and software configurations.
• Maintains security in accordance with company and divisional security directives, deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of server and desktop systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans. Participate in BCP, SOX, and/or Audit program initiatives as needed. Serve as the escalation point for all Citrix NetScaler issues related to maintaining secure application delivery.
• Receives work assignments through the "ticketing system" or from, Lead Administrators or management.
• Performs server hardware/software installation and maintenance tasks. These tasks range from standard in nature to complex.
• Installs and maintains infrastructure management tools.
• Provides advanced problem identification and resolution support services as well as performance monitoring and capacity planning support.
• Plays a principal role in the development and implementation of departmental workflow automation processes and procedures.
• A point of contact for internal and external customers, providing technical guidance and support for server/storage service offerings.
• Key contributor with technical evaluations and "proof of concept" programs as it relates to evaluating and implementing new technologies and tools.
• Required to provide on-call support during off-duty hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
• Advanced working knowledge in administration and configuration management of Citrix NetScaler and Cloud Bridge devices.
• Advanced working knowledge of current Citrix Xenserver/Linux server operating systems and associated components with proficiency in installation, maintenance and operational support in large scale enterprise environments.
• Advanced working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating systems and associated components with proficiency in installation, maintenance and operational support in large scale enterprise environments.
• Advanced working knowledge of Citrix, VMware and Hyper-V virtualization technologies.
• Advanced working knowledge of networking troubleshooting and best practices.
• Strong working knowledge of network security principles (e.g., protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.). and firewall management.
• General knowledge of Storage Area Networks as it relates to Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Miscellaneous Technical Skills (All):
• Strong knowledge to Microsoft Visio and strong engineering diagraming skills.•
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot infrastructure problems specific to their area of technical expertise and potentially across technical disciplines.
• Working knowledge of PowerShell, scripting languages, and other tools to enable workflow automation.
• Working knowledge of infrastructure management tools specific to their area of technical expertise.
Administrative /Interpersonal Skills (All):
• Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work assignments.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as a member of a multi-cultural, multi-location, team.
• Generally requires BS Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Typical Range of Experience
• Employees entering this job typically have:
• 7+ years of hands-on technical experience supporting some combination of X86 server, storage or networking infrastructure.
• 7+ years working with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V.
• Citrix Certified Expert-Virtualization
• Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN Certified
• Microsoft Windows operating system
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.