"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
The principle objective of this position is to architect and provide expert level support and strategy for the production VMware virtualization environment.
Primary responsibility of the position is to support & manage the production VMware environment, maintain proactive performance monitoring of the environment utilizing specific monitoring tools and play an active role in the day-to-day support activities, administration and projects associated with VMware / VDI infrastructure /applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for designing and supporting North America Region's virtualization environment (VMware vSphere environment including SRM, vCenter, ESXi)
- Proactively monitor virtual environment for capacity, stress, risk and workload and take necessary remediation steps.
- Continuously monitor the security posture of the environment
- Interface with vendors and internal global teams to ensure the environment conforms to the current standards.
- Manage Business Continuance in relation to Disaster Recovery.
- Maintain high system reliability, availability and resiliency levels.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support for the production environments
- Perform system upgrades and mandatory security/OS patching.
- Liaise with application support teams to gather requirements, design, and deploy standard systems
- Provide 24*7 On call support based on rotation within the team
- Perform thorough morning checks on all critical applications using existing tools or scripts
- Strictly abide and follow the company policy and procedures pertaining to change and incident management
- Responsible for ensuring that all systems are deployed consistent with group standards and best practices
- Incident and Problem management: take ownership and work with team to resolve production related issues
- Follow groups standard security practices within the environment
- Maintain an accurate and current hardware and infrastructure software inventory
Minimum required qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 5-10 years managing VMWare Engineering and Support teams
- Expert knowledge of VMWare components and technologies such as vCenter, ESXI, SRM,
- Good working knowledge of VMware APIs and knowledge of at least one scripting technology
- Good knowledge of the SAN / EMC storage including the different SRDF types
- Good knowledge of iSCSI protocol
- Good knowledge of networking technology (i.e. function of TCP/IP, SNMP) subnetting and routing.
- Good knowledge of implementation of SSL Certificates
- Good knowledge
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Working knowledge of various database technologies (Oracle, MS SQL, etc.) as they pertain to Virtualized environments.
- Good working knowledge of industry and hyper-converged hardware (e.g. Client/IBM/Dell/Nutanix)
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Sybase, Oracle, and SQL along with MQ Series.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Service oriented, positive, committed and enthusiastic team player.
- VMware VCAP-DCV Deploy or VCAP-DCV Design Certifications would be a plus