At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking a Senior VMC DevOps Engineer to build and manage the automation process for the continuous delivery (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and continuous validation (CV) of the 5G Network functions. This person will work with 5G network architects, network function ISVs, testers, and DISH's engineering & operations teams to integrate, test, and deploy the artifacts necessary to realize zero-touch operations of DISH's 5G network. We are looking for engineers with a passion for programming and knowledge in VMware Cloud (VMC) technologies such as vSphere, vCenter, SDDC, TCI, and TCA.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Develop, document and execute the DISH 5G network CI/CD automation processes involving CI/CD pipelines of AWS CodePipeline, CNF deployments, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), end to end automation across layers of cloud-based network functions
- Configure and manage the tools necessary to successfully deploy new features into the 5G network
- Create the necessary feedback loops to communicate the status of the pipeline to the stakeholders
- Configure and maintain the Git Repo, Docker registry, CI tool, configuration and deployment tools
- Learn, evaluate and implement new technologies to further our quality and delivery capabilities
- Create process to analyze logs as a way to determine the health of the feature deployment
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex quality issues
- Communicate clearly with Product Owners, Developers and management to establish understanding of issues to address and proposed solutions
- Provide technical oversight of 3rd party vendor's deliverables to ensure what is being delivered meets DISH's standards and can be scaled and operated by DISH.
- Communicate complicated problems to team members to ensure alignment and successful implementation
- Accountable for effectively communicating and managing changes ensuring sustainability of CI/CD DevOps process and its performance enhancement
- Engages in cooperative discussions with 3rd party cloud providers and DISH regional markets to implementation DISH 5G network s/w release roadmaps
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
The successful Senior VMware Cloud DevOps Engineer will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical degree; 4-6 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of accumulated experience in programming, system integration, or software product deployment, using one or more of the following: Java, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, or advanced Shell scripting
- 3+ years of professional experience in development and deployment of containerized applications using Dockers, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, TKG, etc., in public or enterprise cloud environment
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, VMC, Google Cloud Platform or Azure in general, preferred to be AWS-certified
- 2+ years of experience using CI/CD and DevOps tools such as Java, Java Script, Python, Gitlab, GitLab-CI, Jira, Jenkins, Ansible, Splunk, Argo CD, with preference to AWS services, e.g. CodePipeline, CodeCommit, ECR, CloudWatch
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code practice and tools, such as Vault, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
- Demonstrated experience in software application Lifecycle Management (LCM), and composition of JSON/YAML files
- Work knowledge of software defined network (SDN) architecture, 5G mobile network architecture, open API, and network orchestration
- Work knowledge of VLAN, IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, and firewalling
Compensation: $85,905.00/Year - $136,190.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.