The Senior Voice/Video Engineer Lead performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
The Senior Voice/Video Engineer Lead:
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
- Bachelors in an Information Technology and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience.
- Experience in design, engineering, implementing and supporting Voice/Video in a mixed PBX/VoIP environment.
- Experience in configuring and Avaya PBX and VoIP and Tandberg video conference systems for medium to large enterprise with nation-wide remote offices.
- Previous Supervisor experience of projects or project teams.
- Proficient in analytical project planning, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
My SAIC Benefits.