Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today! Duties & Responsibilities
- Full-stack web application development.
- Eventually managing a substantial module of the project.
Required Personal Qualities
- Minimum B.S degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, with MS or PhD in these areas preferred.
- With a Computer Science degree, at least five years of relevant programming experience, or with another mathematical/scientific degree, at least seven years of relevant programming experience. In either case, candidate should have a good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- At least three years of server-side web-application development experience in Linux/unix environment.
- Experience programming in a Node.js environment.
- Experience working on web sites where quick response times are important and finding ways to improve performance.
- Unix text processing tools, such as grep, sed, awk, cut, perl, and/or ruby
- Experience with writing tests for code, and with code reviews.
- Experience working using a unix command line, including basic shell scripting.
- Good working knowledge of a version control system (preferably git).
- Understanding of the client-server model and MVC.
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience After Required Items Are Met
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills, and ability to document projects and provide status reports. Writing and code samples will be required.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills. Ability to both take direction and work in a self-directed environment, effectively interact with all levels of staff and external contacts, and ability to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and flexibility to handle a variety of tasks, and shift priorities as needed.
- Experience with FHIR
- Experience developing search-based web applications based on a Lucene-based search engine like Elasticsearch or Solr.
- Knowledge of how to secure web applications against attacks.
- Angular or React
- HTML5, CSS, and Bootstrap
- RedHat Linux
- JIRA or other issue tracking tools
- Knowledge of biomedical terminology
- Experience with tools created by the National Library of Medicine (e.g., UMLS resources, Entrez E-utilities.)
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.