We’re looking for a couple of experienced engineers to build the UI and Backend/API for a new, flexible internal data distribution service. Successful candidates should be up to speed with modern technology development frameworks, processes, and paradigms They should be eager to rapidly iterate on the core architecture and initial build, as well as be hyper focused on end user and developer experience with the platform.
- 4+ years hands-on web backend and API development, experience with Node, Java Spring, Go, or equivalent languages and frameworks
- 1+ year hands-on Node.js development, including web servers such as Express / Koa
- Strong unix and shell scripting experience
- Experience designing and building Rest APIs both for integrating directly with web interfaces and providing external developer access in enterprise settings
- Strong knowledge of trade-offs in engineering for scalability, fault tolerance, maintainability, and performance
- Strong knowledge of concepts including blocking / non-blocking IO, concurrency, multithreading, error handling, distributed computing, microservices architecture, amongst others
- Experience with a variety of databases, data storage concepts, ETL, and/or Hadoop is a plus
- Experience implementing CI/CD workflows, automated test integration, and containerized applications
- Experience configuring reverse proxies and load balancers
- Understanding of industry standard security best practices, including OWASP, etc.
- Good experience working with git
- Able to mentor junior talent
- Computer science degree or equivalent