Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine's Information Services area is looking for a Senior Web Developer, School of Medicine
Summary of Accountabilities:
• Responsible for academic and administrative web applications, related commercial applications or related processes supporting the Perelman School of Medicine education, research and/or administrative missions
• Participate in planning, development of specifications, project plans, and other supporting documentation and processes;
• Aid in planning future infrastructure requirements.
Education and Minimum Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree. in Computer or Information Science or a related field required
• Minimum 3 years experience developing with modern RDMS database design and query techniques (eg, stored procedures, triggers, etc.): Oracle, MySQL or MS-SQL acceptable
• Minimum 3 years experience with multi-tiered web application development; experience with PHP, Ruby or other scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.)
• Ability to manage concurrent projects while meeting project deadlines
• Detail oriented with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to work closely with a team using web development best practices (e.g., code reviews, test-driven development)
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Superior skills in providing project coding timeline estimates
• Knowledge of academic environments and processes, particularly in the areas of student records management, faculty recruitment and data management and research environments, and the related regulatory frameworks (FERPA, HIPAA, FISMA)
• Experience with Agile development methodologies, particularly Scrum
• jQuery experience preferred
• Experience with open source projects
• Experience with wiki usage
• Experience developing mobile web applications and sites
This position will sit at 3620 Hamilton Walk
Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.