Forbes recently recognized CoStar as one of 100 fastest growing companies in the world as well as one of the 10 most innovative software companies in the world. CoStar's software developers build products that facilitate 86% of commercial real estate transactions in the United States and are responsible for building applications that are viewed by 30 million people on a monthly basis.
We are searching for Web Developers to join our development team in the Charlottesville office. Y ou will be responsible for supporting and implementing new products and features across our University Off Campus student housing sites and Apartments Network sites. These include high traffic sites like Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, and others. Universities select CoStar as their exclusive outsourcing partners, to extend their university website and promote the service to students, parents, and faculty/staff. You will work with a broad range of technologies and will be integral in driving our products to provide the best experience in the industry. We need someone that is a team motivator and driven to produce robust products in a fast paced environment. Join us in supporting our mission.Responsibilities
- Designing, building, testing and deploying scalable, reusable and maintainable applications that handle large amounts of data.
- Taking full ownership of your work, from development and testing, to eventual deployment and support in production.
- Collaborating with other engineers, product owners, designers, and leadership.
- Becoming a trusted team member in matters of technical architecture, design and code.
- Advocating for evolution and improvement - both technical and non-technical - within our teams. Includes new tech, tools and best practices.
About CoStar Group
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering or 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Solid understanding and experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with relational database systems such as SQL Server is required
- Expertise with software development best practices, including standards, code reviews, source control, builds, testing and operations
- Experienced with Source Control, such as Git or TFS
- Expertise with Cloud platforms such as AWS and/or Docker is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
CoStar Group is the leading data provider of Multi-residential and Commercial Real Estate data in an industry valued at over $14 trillion dollars. We own & run some of the most highly trafficked sites like Apartments.com, Apartmenfinder.com, Loopnet.com, LandsofAmerica.com, and others. Starting our fourth decade, CoStar Group has more than 80 offices in the United States, Canada and Europe. In 2017, CoStar was named to Fortune Magazine's 100 Fastest Growing Companies, Forbes' World's Most Innovative Growth Company and Forbes' Fast Tech 25.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing