Firewood was built on the belief that good people are good business. And Firewoodians are the heart and soul of the company. So we were thrilled to have been recognized as one of the 2018 Bay Area Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. It means that we have happy, engaged employees who look forward to coming to work every day. We accomplish this by having an employee-driven culture, fully paid health benefits (including insurance for your pet), commuter benefits, and many other perks.
We’re looking to add a rockstar Senior Web Developer Lead to our Technical Team. In this position, you will partner with Development Leads, Designers, Project Managers, and others to develop and execute web based applications for our clients.
Sound like you? Let’s get acquainted!
The ideal candidate is highly organized and has strong technical skills, including working with modern web technologies, writing legible code, and staying up to date with best practices. He/she is not afraid of the command line and loves to collaborate, working fast and flexibly to get the job done. Your time will be spent at our main office, in San Francisco.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Technical Leads, Designers, Project Managers, and others to implement technical solutions that efficiently scale.
- Maintain a transparent workflow, addressing and communicating issues that could impact development life-cycle dependencies and deadlines.
- Suggest operational and workflow improvements to constantly improve the in-house development approach.
- Assist Technical Project Management team in the planning and prioritization of requests.
- Follow quality assurance plans and protocol to ensure flawless execution and deployment.
- Analyze and monitor key metrics to drive request prioritization and issue resolution.
Who we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in working with enterprise software and systems.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills.
- Must have experience with Node.js, Express and No-SQL (preferred MongoDB).
- Server side development experience with Python and/or Go.
- Some familiarity with Google Cloud Vision API and/or Tenserflow.js.
- Experience with GCP and AWS preferred.
- React/Redux knowledge preferred.
- Familiarity with Front-end templating engines such as Handlebars is a plus.
- Experience with deployment pipeline automation a plus (e.g. Docker).
- Must have experience with Git or other software versioning tools.
- Experienced with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- Understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Resourceful problem solver who quickly gathers information and is comfortable with new technologies and concepts.
- Must be a results-oriented and highly motivated self-starter who can work independently to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and a very strong attention to detail.
- Passion to stay up to date with modern web technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
The perks of being a Firewoodian:
- All benefits are effective starting the first day of the month following the start date
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and dependent(s)
- A 3% 401(k) match from the start
- 5 ½ weeks of paid time off in the first year (PTO and holidays combined)
- Ownership in the company through the Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Pet insurance for one furry (or feathery) friend
- Snacks, beverages, and a weekly catered lunch
- Career training and learning opportunities
- Learn more about these perks at https://firewoodmarketing.com/careers/
A bit more about us:
- We’re a full-service agency partnering with brands that are changing the world
- Our approach to every engagement is rooted in mutual respect—our people are everything
- We work with many top brands, including LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook
- Our year-round pro bono Firewood in the Field program is dedicated to helping charitable organizations get more visibility