Description Job Description:
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Windows Administrator
to work at our Annapolis Junction, MD
location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.Job Summary
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing daily system administration and O&M support activities in support of a complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails supporting system engineering requests to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment. Primary Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for monitoring test infrastructure systems, applications, and processes and ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner; and will provide support for server/router/firewall configuration, and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions. The environment includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMware and Linux server instances. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
- Utilizing enterprise monitoring solutions to identify alarms that have been triggered against the test infrastructure environment.
- Providing support for calls and emails to ensure all interactions are timely and professional.
- Proactively contacting customers when test infrastructure processes are significantly delayed or may impact their ability to complete a business function on time.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation ensuring that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
- Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
- Candidate will be responsible for executing the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems in order to rapidly and accurately identify and remediate IAVAs.
- Responsibilities include initiating IAVA responses and system security scans; complete remediation; extending IAVA patches and security updates to designated sites; and executing monthly security scans
- Bachelor's Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidates must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Previous IAVA management experience
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards
- 7 years of experience in information technology and information security
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices
- Experience with software and security architectures
- Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- A minimum of 1 year experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- General understanding of Microsoft Exchange, administration, and exchange management shell.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field (preferably Computer Science or Information Technology area).
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
- Experience with Data Center design and configuration (e.g. rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
- Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
CONMD careers.leidos.com/CONMD External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems AdministrationPay Range: