In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Senior Windows Database Engineer, who will oversee our corporate enterprise database-as-a-service that supports some of the company's most critical business services. You will join a company that develops cutting edge solutions for our nations most complex space enterprise and mission assurance challenges. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with highly available enterprise Microsoft SQL server design, implementation and sustainment. You will work with both business as well as technical leaders to develop requirements and the implementation of new databases.
The candidate will become part of the Computational Services Department, which is responsible for the development and sustainment of server and storage infrastructure for the Aerospace Corporation.
- Deploy, sustain and tune enterprise Microsoft SQL solutions
- Develop, implement and maintain best practices for critical enterprise database systems
- Coordinate and guide the onboarding and consumption of new databases services
- Liaison with customers in pursuit of continuous service improvement
- Oversee overall health, performance and capacity of critical enterprise database systems
- Oversee roll-out and deployment of new product features to facilitate our rapid iteration and continued growth.
- Implement automation processes to improve service operability and reduce Mean Time to Repair
- Typically requires 8 years of experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Technology
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL high availability cluster server to include maintenance, security, availability, disaster recovery, performance analysis, capacity planning and tuning. (4 Years)
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2016 (2 Years)
- Working knowledge of server virtualization with VMWare (3 Years)
- Proficient with automation of routine database provisioning and maintenance operations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance and ship is required
Equal Opportunity Commitment
- Experience with Azure Database as a Service (1 Year)
- Experience provisioning and administration with PowerShell
- Experience with automation and orchestration using tools such as SCCM, Jenkins or Ansible (2 Years)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, PowerShell DSC or SCCM (2 Years)
- Experience with Cisco UCS domains including Fabric Interconnects
- Experience leading teams and mentoring other team members
- SCI Clearance
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone ator by email at
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
poster and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement