VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Senior Windows Engineer - Hosting Services
to support the USCIS
in Washington, DC
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: ability to attain an active DHS EOD required
- Availability: upon award, currently in proposal stage
- Maintain business system environments to meet 24 hour operational requirements and availability along with government security standards. Many of these environments are configured using VMWare Server Virtualization software. Business system vulnerabilities should be remediated within the designated calendar days of work assignment tasking from the Security Team. For vulnerabilities that cannot be remediated, POAM corrective action plan must be submitted.
- Perform daily system backups ensuring no loss of data for system.
- Support scheduled upgrades of the system and subsystems.
- Maintain Citrix server farm and the applications that are hosted on it.
- Configure, maintain, troubleshoot and repair Storage Area Networks (SANs).
- Maintain the local Windows domain to include all aspects of upgrading for support and compliance with government security standards. System vulnerabilities should be remediated within the designated calendar days of work assignment tasking from the Security Team. For vulnerabilities that cannot be remediated, POAM corrective action plan must be submitted.
- Create a new Work Order or Incident Automated Tool ticket for all requests.
- Ability to create and maintain work related Documentation for new and existing systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 10 years of analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware and software to support large scale Windows environments with virtualization
- 10 years' experience testing large scale Windows environments.
- Experience performing a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN, NAS and Storage operations, backup operations, and virtualization software (VMware's vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V on a set of enterprise-level IT systems.
- 10 years' experience writing scripts with a scripting language, with knowledge of ANSIBLE
- Familiarity with DevOps and ITIL processes
- Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
- Must have the ability to transport laptop/work equipment to and from work and home in order to support remote work, if required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.