First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the SCCM Engineer is primarily responsible for designing, administering, implementing, troubleshooting, and analyzing the MS SCCM infrastructure as it relates to server patching. You will architect and implement best practices to ensure that the bank adheres to its patching policies and SLA's. You will partner with the Information Security department to ensure that priorities and issues are well understood and remediated quickly and thoroughly. You will work with patching team to resolve issues and when those issues can't be resolved internally you will escalate both internally and externally and you will own the issue until it is resolved.
* Define and maintain a long-term roadmap focused on tool and processes improvements.
* Lead the team in trouble-shooting efforts and escalate or engage others as needed to resolve issues.
* Ensure that regular KPI's and metrics are published that provide transparency in terms of meeting SLA's and resolving issues.
* Define and implement daily, weekly and monthly health checks to ensure the eco-system is working as expected.
* Work with the team to define and build non-Microsoft packages for products such as Adobe, VMtools and other server based applications.
* Perform standard System Center administration duties including but not limited to the design, deployment, monitoring, and diagnosis of SCCM, Orchestrator, WSUS and related subsystems.
* Define and lead the implementation of automation best practices within the server environments to ensure minimize system unavailability and reduce human error due to manual processes.
* Configure, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a Windows Server OS environment that are related to patching.
* SCCM Patch management configuration builds and implementations for Windows Servers (standalone and cluster)
* Help define and document processes and procedures related to patch management.
* Lead and plan for upgrades and enhancements to the SCCM eco-system.
* Occasional after hours and weekend support is required, but not frequent.
* 6+ years' experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2
* 5+ years as a SCCM Administrator/Engineer
* 5+ years in Windows Systems Administration, Engineering
* 3+ years using WSUS
* 3+ years working with System Center Orchestrator
* 3+ years scripting experience preferably with PowerShell
* Active Directory - group policies, add/ delete, permissions
* File Server and File Cluster, Windows Clustering
* DNS, WINS, DHCP
* Strong Windows server troubleshooting and support skills
* Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times.
* Self-directed: works independently and is able to fulfill job requirements with minimal supervision.
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
* MCP, Microsoft Certified Professional
* MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
* MCSA, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
* Knowledge of Linux OS a plus
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.