Multiple Wireless Tier 2 Technician openings in Raleigh, NC! This position will require ability to obtain a Public Trust. This opportunity is 50% travel.
If interested, please email your resume to Donna Badin at
The Telecom Wireless Tier 2 technician monitors critical network elements and applications using the client's internally developed proprietary dashboard(s) and the Cisco Prime Infrastructure (CPI) management platform. The TWT2 technician operates 7X24X365 to provide proactive and reactive support of the wired and wireless infrastructure. The team troubleshoots, repairs and maintains the telecommunications environment to ensure that all sites and hardware experience little to no downtime. The TWT2 technician will monitor the systems and equipment and is expected to resolve 85% of the issues, escalating to various teams if unable to resolve and provide notification via the escalation standard operating procedures as appropriate.
• Support a Cisco centric WAN, LAN, and WLAN environment. This includes routers, switches wireless controllers, light weight access points (LWAP).
• Perform remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications.
• Monitor system for trouble areas and proactively resolve and document root cause.
• Support internal run-and-maintain activities, including remote monitoring and management system, respond to alerts, monitor health and seek improvement opportunities.
• Make use of enterprise monitoring tools (Solar Winds and Splunk).
• Function as a point of escalation for operational entities regarding regular or complex issues
• Work on daily service tickets while engaged on enterprise wireless deployments • Experience with wireless LAN controller and Lightweight Access Points, preferably Cisco equipment.
• Basic understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, 802.11 b/g/n/ac standards.
• Basic understanding of security protocols and authentication (WPA2, EAP-TLS, 802.1x, AAA) and experience with RADIUS solutions (preferred: NPS and/or ISE).
• Associates degree in engineering, computer science or information technology. A Bachelor degree is a plus. Otherwise, applicant must have one or more of the following industry certifications - CCENT CWNA, CWSP.
• Motivated self-starter who approaches technical problems with creative solutions. Ability to multitask, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, good follow-up and judgment. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment backed up by strong communication skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate both business and technical terms and information/requirements/instructions to a wide variety of audiences (face-to-face, teleconference, phone and email)
• Ability to write technical/functionality specification documentation such as Knowledgebase articles and/or Wiki.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Basic operational experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, wireless access points, and management systems
• Basic experience with enterprise networking, monitoring, troubleshooting, and management tools.
• Experience with incident management tools such as Remedy and/or Service Now
Preference will go to those that have:
• 1+ years in a wireless networking environment
• 1+ years supporting Cisco and/or Aruba monitoring platforms
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or .