WIRELESS NETWORK ENGINEER - CBTS
Are you ready for the biggest challenge in your career? As a member of the CBTS Enterprise Programs team, you will become part of an elite engineering team responsible for providing wireless and LAN network designs, implementing new technology and infrastructure, and providing post-installation support. Specifically, you will conduct high-level network design, capacity planning, discovery, implementation, and service transition in a large network environment. You will also be responsible for managing tasks, dates and status updates with your project manager. This is your opportunity to learn and gain experience with cutting edge technology and lay the foundations for a long term career at CBTS.
Note: US based Regional Travel is required for this role and estimated to be about 30%
50% - Design, document, and implement wireless solutions
20% - Develop and maintain Enterprise Design standards
10% - Perform analysis of design exceptions to written standards for functionality, performance, and supportability
10% - Document Design/Implementation proposals for peer and customer review
10% - Work with project managers for tasks related to project activities
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Discipline (or equivalent experience)
Vocation School Completion in Network/Security/Computer Technology (or equivalent experience)
Cisco CCNA Wireless (Required)
CCNP – Highly Desired
ITIL certification is a bonus
Linux experience is a plus
Previous Job Experience
- Experience designing and deploying both Controller Based and Autonomous based Cisco WLAN technologies
- Experience using Ekahau software and sidekicks for pre and post implementation planning, surveying, and validation
- Experience using network analysis, management and performance monitoring tools to plan for growth, diagnose problems and determining traffic patterns
- Previous experience planning implementations, building comprehensive test plans, troubleshooting methodology, and Cisco design framework
- Initiative and Willingness to learn are keys to success in this position.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP v4
- Enterprise experience, a definite plus
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Wherever the journey takes your enterprise, CBTS has you covered. Whether your challenge is developing a cloud strategy, assessing security vulnerabilities, or developing an interactive experience for your customers, you need a partner that understands your strategic goals as well as your technology requirements. That partner is CBTS. From consulting to implementation to ongoing optimization, we combine deep technology experience with the expertise of professionals who bring a personal approach to all things cloud and beyond.