Wolters Kluwer Health (WKH) is a leading global provider, with approximately 2,600 employees in 36 countries worldwide, of information for professionals and students in medicine, nursing, allied health, pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry.
We have a growth role and opportunity now available! We are looking for our newest team member to join our team as a Sr. XSLT Engineer where you will be developing, designing and testing content processing systems using leading edge technologies.
Primary activities will involve XSLT development in a variety of cloud-based environments to support a portfolio of high-profile complex web-based and mobile applications. You will be part of a Scrum team that is empowered to do rapid development in an environment of continual improvement. You will join this group of dedicated professionals building enhancements and new features in a vital piece of our technology used globally by medical professionals.
This is a hand-on development position requiring the ability to learn new technologies and adapt them to practical applications. As a senior developer you will contribute to architecture and design decisions as a part of the team. The ability to contribute as a member of a self-managed team is vital. You will be expected to leverage your experience both in producing high quality code as well as facilitating the same from other members of the team.
Design, analyze, develop, code, debug, test and document programming to satisfy requirement for large, complex projects
Work directly with product management and business teams during envisioning
Provide leadership in advancing the vision of the product team
Contribute to best practices, quality standards and conventions, incorporating them into the development process
Drive process improvement
Help to establish consensus on deliverable commitments
Help to select and implement applicable hardware, software, platforms, tools, and programming languages
Develop any necessary standards or guidelines for development
Participate in technical design decisions and ensuring that those are implemented accurately
Facilitate design/code reviews
Ensure the quality, security, stability and agility of systems architecture to meet evolving business needs
Use test driven development and scaled Agile methods
Participate regularly in Scrum activities
Communicate risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies to appropriate stakeholders and escalate if necessary to ensure the project's success.
* Bachelors degree or higher in a technically oriented field preferably Computer Science or 3+ years experience in software development.
* Minimum 3+ years of proven application design and development experience
* Minimum 3+ years professional experience with one or more of the following with a preference for all: XML; XSLT; XQUERY; XPATH
* Minimum 2+ years in a leadership position on a development team, acting as a lead, or mid/senior level developer supporting projects, initiatives or people
* Internediate (to Advanced) Understanding of XSD (Schema) Development, including DTD
* Internediate (to Advanced) of Schema Design Patterns and XSLT Best Practices
* Experience with improving performance of complex applications
* Excellent communication and presentation skills to interact with business teams and communicate technical vision to the development team
Strongly Preferred Helpful Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications (Not Required):
* Experience with using one of more of the following:C#, ASP.NET
* Experience with cloud environments, such as Azure
* Experience with application and database data modeling
* Experience with using one of more of the following: NoSQL and/or XML Databases like MarkLogic, Exist-DB, BaseX, MongoDB, and Couchbase
* Experience using XML IDE Stylus Studio, Eclipse, or Similar Alternative
* Experience developing Unit Tests for XML and XSLTs
* Experience with Agile software development practices
* Experience dealing with industry standard XSLT Processors like Saxon
* Experience doing XSLT Code Profiling and performance tuning
* Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and GIT
* Experience with Test Driven Development
* Experience with HTML and CSS
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the Health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of 4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled