Job Description Job #:
Senior/Principal Scientist, Computational Biology 1017100
Job Scope & Purpose:
The growing discovery team at our publicly held biopharma client is seeking an experienced Computational Biologist/Bioinformatics scientist that specializes in cancer immunotherapy. You will play a key role in the target identification/validation of new targets and further analysis of data sets. You will build the company's bioinformatics capabilities focusing on the analysis of internal data and public databases to identify novel potential targets in the Cancer Immunology field. The successful candidate will join the Discovery Research team and be responsible for establishing bioinformatics pipelines and analyzing data sets that include but are not limited to: bulk and single-cell RNA-seq, DNA-seq and ATAC-seq, unsupervised/automated HD flow and mass cytometry analyses, and Multiplex Cytokine data.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Make important contributions to our proprietary drug discovery programs by interrogating genomics, transcriptomics, and other omics datasets.
- Work collaboratively with experimental scientists to characterize novel targets, and use NGS approaches to characterize our novel proprietary T cells
- Serve as a member of multidisciplinary project teams that bring together our Translational Biomarkers, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Protein and Cell Sciences, and Innovation groups
- Lead the experimental design, analysis, and interpretation of DNA and RNA sequencing experiments in support of discovery and preclinical research programs
- Inform the identification of novel tumor-associated antigen targets by identifying, analyzing and interpreting external data and knowledge resources
- Define immune cell signatures from public data that can be used to compare to novel T cells in the TME
- Work with open-source and commercially available software platforms for the processing, analysis, and mining of DNA/RNA and other omics data.
Primary Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Genetics, Mathematics, Physics
- Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting
- Strong background in bioinformatics, statistics, data modeling, and cancer genomics
- Demonstrated experience in the computational analysis and interpretation of large-scale DNA and RNA sequencing datasets (bulk and single-cell)
- Proficiency in R, PEARL and Python programming languages
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills
- Excellent attention to detail and high self-motivation; capability to prioritize deliverables among multiple simultaneous projects
- Background in immunology and cancer immunotherapy
- Experience analyzing high dimensional Mass and Flow Cytometry data sets
- Machine learning experience
- Familiarity with multi-omic data integration
- Strong publication record
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.