Humana is a Fortune 60 market leader in integrated healthcare whose dream is to help people achieve lifelong well-being. As a company focused on the health and well-being of the people we serve, Humana starts from within, and is committed to providing progressive benefits that advance the employment experience and vitality of the associate community. Through offerings anchored in a whole-person view of human well-being, Humana embraces a focus on stimulating positive individual and population changes while nurturing a sense of security, enabling people to live life fully and be their most productive.
Our Digital Health & Analytics (DH&A) team is building a world class Data Science and Insights enterprise capability that leverages digital-first platforms, analytics, and agile development methodologies. Through the strategic interpretation of data, we provide our consumers - physicians, patients, and other members of the care team - with meaningful insights about the choices they make and help them lead their best lives. We're passionate about combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new, actionable discoveries about our members and their health-related behaviors. We are looking for driven, innovative people who are interested in using their clinical and analytical skills to help our consumers achieve lifelong well-being and to help Humana make lasting, positive changes in the healthcare industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Humana you will contribute to meaningful projects, interact with other team members, be exposed to DH&A's business operations and work cross functionally with other departments. .Responsibilities
- Be part of the development team to build next generation of clinical rule engine.
- Build automated testing.
- Enhance clinical rule language to achieve both simplicity and flexibility.
- Understand and build upon the functionality requirements from clinical rule authors and other stakeholders.
- Explore and become an expert on the claim data consumed by the engine.
- Gain deep understanding of different types of clinical rules and complexity of clinical quality measures
- Explore and run POC of the Azure services to scale the engine efficiently
- Perform code review
- Review peers' feedback and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues.
- Coach junior software developer by advocating for best practices.
- Work closely with product, data platform and solution delivery teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in an object-oriented language such as Java.
- Strong background REST web services, Spring Framework, XML, JMS, (JDBC, SQL) and performance tuning.
- Expertise in building secure, scalable, enterprise systems
- Expertise in cloud technologies and distributed computing
- Experience in large data management with Spark
- Experience with microservice based architecture
- Experience with SQL and relational database
- Experience with no-SQL database
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong experience with database schema design and query optimization
- Deep understanding of software development and testing life cycles.
- Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment and/or integration process and tools (Jenkins, Jira)
- Experience troubleshooting production issues
- Passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Strong communication skills
Additional InformationScheduled Weekly Hours
- Experience in healthcare IT environment is preferred.
- Strong background in Azure cloud services