State Employees’ Credit Union is looking for a Senior Mainframe Systems Programmer. The focus of this role is to provide technical configuration and support of daily tasks using z/OS, CICS and other software tools to manage a multi-platform, GDPS Sysplex, z/OS mainframe environment. You will also assist in the evaluation and implementation of the operating system and third-party software in accordance with SECU policies, procedures, and standards. Familiarity with mainframe hardware and software, mainframe disk and tape storage systems, and network communication is essential.
- Perform z/OS, and 3rd party software evaluation, installation and maintenance activities in an efficient manner including assessing software compatibility, planning and testing with other departments, reporting problems and recommending remediation measures
- Provide root cause analysis and problem remediation for configurations issues, third party-software issues, and network configuration troubleshooting issues
- Support and monitor IBM Virtual Tape server storage system
- Continually monitor and maintain enterprise systems to achieve peak performance and uptime
- Assist with documentation and support of DR recovery scenario
- Assist with capacity planning and forecasting projections to ensure optimal 24x7 online availability and appropriate levels of enterprise system resources are available to handle current and projected workloads at all times
- Manage disk and tape resources to ensure sufficient resource availability while maximizing throughput
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8+ years of expert level hands-on Systems Programming experience with z/OS installation and maintenance, preferably in a GDPS environment
- Must have advanced knowledge of mainframe z/OS operating systems, SMP/E, JCL, TSO, VSAM data structures, preferably in a GDPS Sysplex environment. Knowledge of ICSF, RACF, Web Services would be beneficial
- Preference will be given to those who also have familiarity with CICS, COBOL, SA and UNIX Systems Services. z/VM and Red Hat Linux on Z are also a plus.
- Applicant needs to be familiar with design, programming and maintenance of computer software and hardware installed at SECU
- Flexibility to work with various technical and business user teams to enhance enterprise application performance and security is required
- Ability to guide and mentor less seasoned Systems Programmers and Trainees is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent trouble shooting and analysis skills are vital to this position