Job Description Summary
A Senior IBM z/VM Systems Programmer ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions and clients. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all operating systems assigned.
Manage z/VM systems:
- Capacity and performance
- Directory and security
Working in a collaborative multi client Environment.
Knowledge of Velocity Performance Suite (zVPS is preferred. Experience with Broadcom / CA VM:Manager is required.
Off Hours Support as required.
Participate in Oncall Schedule.
Platforms: z/VM, z/VSE, Linux on IBM Z
Additional Job Description
- This position reports to the Manager of the z/VM, z/Linux, z/VSE team and is responsible for assisting in the management of the z/VM operating systems across multiple LPARS and multiple clients
- Ability to upgrade and maintain z/VM using VMSES
- Install/administer z/VM related ISV products (e.g. CA-VM:Manager)
- Secondary emphasis is on VMSecure/RACF administration, performance/capacity tuning & reporting
- Experience with Installation and implementation of SSI (Single System Image) desired
- Experience with, storage administration and DFSMS/VM desired
- Experience supporting Linux on IBM Z series servers is desired
- Ability to provision virtual machines by manipulating VM directory and/or using tools such as VM:Secure/DirMaint
- System network design and configuration at operating system level required with OSA, TCP/IP, and VSWITCH. Experience with OSA-ICC, RSCS and VTAM is preferred.
- Storage management, system backup/restore, tape encryption, disaster recovery planning
- Support Incident and Change Management processes
- Provide metrics tracking operational performance and quality of services delivered
- Assist Data Center Operations to ensure SLAs are met
- Coordinate system modifications with IT and business unit managers
- Support multiple annual Disaster Recovery exercises across a diverse set of client environments
- Mentor junior team members with all areas of responsibility
- Familiarity with the following tools: Service Manager, CASD Service Desk or ServiceNOW Configuration Management Database, Inventory asset management, is preferred