Job ID: 2117530 Location:
FORT MEADE , MD , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of the partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have a current requirement for a Principle Systems Engineer at the customer's Fort George G. Meade Maryland complex in support of a Non-Traditional SIGINT Sensor Team. The engineer will coordinate all aspects of the deployment of sensors to include customer requirement analysis, solution planning, risk/gain analysis, sensor deployment, data flow analysis and verification, operational testing, risk mitigation, and transition to current operations. The selected individual will:
- Provide systems engineering, program planning, and mission management support to customer's SIGINT sensor operations organization.
- Prepare draft concept of operations documents, task schedules and other program development and planning documentation for team engineers and integrators.
- Monitor and report on project status, providing program assistance to ensure project success throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Gather project requirements from users.
- Provide technical and programmatic analysis of proposed projects and provides recommendations for alternative solutions and schedules to government for consideration.
- Monitor and investigate new technological developments and meets with vendors to provide the government customer with management, support, and technical assistance related to project procurement, integration, sustainment, risk mitigation and testing of customer's systems and will provide advice on both technical and resource issues.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master's degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Ability to deconstruct top-level requirements to functional requirements for systems solutions that account for technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Ability to support management in the planning, de-confliction, and deployment of SIGINT systems for operations in coordination with supported government customer and other government department and agency partners.
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical planning, systems integration, data verification and validation, data flow, cost and risk analysis, and supportability/effectiveness analysis for newly integrated systems
- Knowledgeable of SIGINT sensor systems, SIGINT collection and processing methods
- Strong personal communications skills, self-motivated, team player.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Practical experience managing both program and technical issues for multiple on going SIGINT projects
- Experience in collaborating with peer organizations and representing customer's projects to external organizations
- Ability to successfully advocate for customers positions while maintain collegial relationships with stakeholders
- Experience working with organizations to overcome barriers to success and create shared solutions
- Knowledge of System Security Accreditation processes and standards
- Experience with hardware/software development especially with communications related systems
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.