Sensor Systems Analyst Opening in Lexignton, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Sensor Systems Analyst
role in the Lexington, MA area.
This is a 1+ year contract
position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this opportunity; please send a Word resume to Andrew Morris, Technical Recruiter, at Position: Sensor Systems Analyst Apex Job ID: 1085018 Location: Lexington, MA Rate: Negotiable based on experience Duration: 1+ year contract Position Description:
The team develops and demonstrates advanced sensor system and command and control concepts incorporating emerging signal and data processing algorithms, architectures and techniques. Major activities within the group include system concept development for RF and optical systems, modeling and simulation, signal processing algorithm design, RF and optical system design and development, experimental field testing and data analysis and development of one-of-a-kind operational and experimental test assets. The group has expertise in adaptive sensor array processing for both radar and communications, advanced real-time software techniques, signal detection and estimation, communications, and systems analysis. The group conducts a significant amount of field testing and data collection to prove new concepts and collaborates with other groups throughout the company for real-time prototype implementation, experiment execution, and systems analysis. Required Skills:
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
- 3 years of relevant experience performing either systems analysis or data analysis.
- Candidate should have experience in several of the following fields: radar systems engineering, radar data analysis, signal processing, statistical data analysis.
- Candidate must be able to explore innovative techniques and algorithms and be able to understand how these new developments can affect an existing radar system's capabilities.
- Proficiency with MATLAB
- Candidate must have good organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment, and effectively present results.
- Effective communication with colleagues, sponsors, and other research sites.
- Experience with statistical signal processing of radar phased array data, including adaptive beamforming, channel equalization, and radar waveform design.
- Experience with radar systems analysis.
- Familiarity with phenomenology effects at different frequencies, including HF.
- C or C++ programming experience, along with Linux experience.
- Ability to participate in field experiments and data collection efforts, which could involve travel.
Candidates must be s able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense security clearance as a condition of employment Additional Benefits:
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit! Perks:
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or