Solidus is looking for a Sensor Systems Analyst to support several programs involving airborne early warning radars, HF Over-the-Horizon radars, ground-based instrumentation quality radar systems, as well as other ground and airborne sensor systems.
The successful candidate will have a broad background with relevant radar system analysis and signal processing experience, but should have deep expertise in one of those relevant areas. The successful candidate will work with both large and small teams and be capable of working within those teams as well as taking initiative independently.
- ship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance; Active Top Secret preferred
- PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
- Relevant experience performing either radar systems analysis or radar data analysis
- Experience in several of the following fields: radar systems engineering, radar data analysis, signal processing, statistical data analysis
- Must be able to explore new and innovative techniques and algorithms and be able to understand how these new developments can affect an existing radar system's capabilities
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment, and effectively present results
- Effective communication with colleagues, sponsors, and other research sites
- Experience with statistical signal processing of radar phased array data, including adaptive beamforming, channel equalization, and radar waveform design
- Experience with radar systems analysis
- Familiarity with phenomenology effects at different frequencies, including HF
- Matlab and C or C++ programming experience, along with Linux experience
- Ability to participate in field experiments and data collection efforts, which could involve travel
Job ID 3816
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.