At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Principal Software Engineer / Sr Software Engineer to join the System Test Team (STT). This position is in Huntsville, AL and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Final grade level offered will be based on candidate level of experience.
What You'll Get To Do:
Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Design and plan network communication systems.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selections, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct testing of network design.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnections and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new communication technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Perform network monitoring, testing, maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as Cisco routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, bridges, gateways, etc.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.Job Qualifications: You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Principal Level: Bachelors and 5 years of experience; 3 Years with Masters; or 0 Years with PhD (4 additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree)
- Sr Principal Level: Bachelor's and 9 years of experience , 7 years with Master's Degree; 4 years with PhD (4 additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree) .
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 5 years
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP)
- OD 8570 IAT Level II (Security + or higher) or must obtain within 90 days of reporting.
- Solid understanding of Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
- Solid understanding of IP, TCP/UDP, IPSEC, VTP, GRE, SNMP, SSL/TLS, DNS and LDAP protocols.
- Solid understanding of network communication products including router, switches, firewalls, and Domain Name Servers (DNS).
- *Experience Maintaining and supporting Cisco ASA Firewalls with embedded Firepower IDS/IPS
- Linux experience
- Understanding of LAN/WAN architectures, including experience designing and maintaining LAN & WAN based networks.
- Experience with managing routing protocols on large LAN environments.
- Current expertise with network design, architecture, specifications, and equipment selection.
- Good understanding of IP4 and IPv6 network design, including IP subnetting and protocols
- Understanding of network device configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices.
- Familiarity with DevSecOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Experience with:
- Cisco hardware including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- CISCO Nexus platform Experience
- VMWare Distributed Switching
- Cable Inside Plant
- Risk Management Framework, associated security controls, and
- Windows, Active Directory, Linux, and VMWare configuration and
- Protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark).
- Network challenges associated with systems integration,
- Including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system
- Architecture design.
- Commercial cloud providers.
- CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- CISCO Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager)
- Understanding of Kickstart using Red Hat Linux
- Experience performing operations in an Agile framework.
- Information Assurance experience related to Certification and Accreditation
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming), Scaled Agile Framework - SAFe for Lean Enterprises
$83,800 USD - $155,900 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.