Job Number: 19-05597
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Server/Storage Administrator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for managing server and storage infrastructure for 3rd level support for Gas work management and corporate infrastructure.
- The candidate will be required to be on call for a week at a time on a rotating basis.
- The analyst will work as a team member under guidance of the Team Leader and work with other IT groups.
- ESXi host builds, configuration, and maintenance on UCS and IBM Blade servers
- vCenter builds, configuration, and maintenance
- vSphere replication
- Creation of port mirroring sessions
- UCS profile creation and firmware updates
- Performance troubleshooting on physical and virtual servers from a storage and server perspective
- Perform storage and Vmware upgrades during off hour periods such as flare code and ESXi patch levels
- EMC Storage array (VNX, Unity, XtremIO) installation, configuration and maintenance
- Data replication using Sancopy and asynchronous/synchronous replication
- Windows replication methods - robocopy,
- Powerpath installation and configuration
- Data migrations using Powerpath migration enabler
- Storage pool creation and expansions
- LUN and datastore provisioning
- Monitoring storage capacity and performance
- Seeking highly motivated, technical analyst who demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and possesses a strong technical understanding and proficiency in hypervisor technology (Vmware, HyperV), EMC Storage technology (VNX, Xtremio, Unity), Cisco UCS and IBM blade server technology.
- The ideal candidate must be well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- This individual must be able to exercise good judgment and render sound business decisions.
- The applicant must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be proficient in project management and have experience with project management tools and presentations (i.e. MS Project and PowerPoint).
- High school diploma required with a minimum of 8 years' experience in IT support; or Bachelor's degree (preferably in Information Technology) with a minimum of 5 years' experience in IT Support.
- The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate: MS Office, VMware VCP certifications, knowledge and experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) storage, ticketing systems, DNS, DHCP, AD, Client, SharePoint, Linux skills, network zoning, vRealize Operations, and UCS Central knowledge are a plus. VXrail and Azurestack a plus.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.