Software Consultants, Inc. (SCI) is a Maryland-based small-business federal contracting firm with a focus on helping government agencies implement their most critical IT initiatives. SCI is headquartered in Vienna VA and has office location in Alexandria VA. SCI is a SEI/CMMI ML 3 and ISO 9001:2008 registered company. We offer excellent benefits and salary packages including Paid Time-Off, 401K, medical/dental/short-term & long-term disability insurance for all full-time employees.
Server Administrator Level II (Linux)
- Work with software application developers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot application servers and the software running on them.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and upgrade process of Applications developed by different development groups and teams
- Implement COTS installations, changes, upgrades, patches and production
- Install and configure systems, custom and third party software packages
- Translate development team requirements into Application/System configuration
- Coordinate tasks between Development teams and the Systems team
- Constantly evaluate and improve current processes or design and implement new processes to meet business needs
- Use their Systems and Networking knowledge to isolate and fix application problems
- LINUX/Solaris Administration
- Strong scripting skills in any one of languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java and/or shell scripting. Must be able to write self-contained scripts that can easily be plugged into automation tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Tomcat and Apache web Server administration (Deployment, Troubleshooting). Must have hands-on experience configuring Virtual hosts under Apache.
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers
- Application Deployment - Java ,Standalone Custom Apps, COTS Products
- Maintaining patch levels of software installations across multiple systems
- Version Control Software Setup, Administration, Configuration (GIT, Subversion, CVS)
- BigIP F5 Loadbalancing Software or other Global and Local Traffic Management Appliances
- Experience Integrating/Configuring Coldfusion, Tomcat (any Java Application Server)
- Necessary to participate in a 7/24/365 on-call rotation
- Must be able to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends and/or during change windows outside of normal business hours