TCI has an immediate need for a Server Administrator in Detroit, MI. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires ship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level Client is the largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation. Our Client is looking for candidates who seek a lifelong career opportunity with a very profitable company currently experiencing growth within the oil and gas industry. Contract job opportunities could lead to a permanent position with the company for the proven individual. Our Client offers cross training opportunities throughout their business structure. IT is a key asset which used in every business unit to drive efficiency and profitability. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a leader in the industry.
The Server Administrator is responsible for providing operational and technical support the Operational Technology (OT) server and/or network environments.
- The Server Administrator will work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary workgroups to seek solutions to problems.
- Champion compliance and change efforts which result in improved reliability and security of infrastructure services.
- This position will require some field work inside the refinery process units; Always follow the refinery personnel safety requirements.
- Perform server, workstation, and/or network administration for refinery OT environment.
- Server and workstation administration is primarily on Microsoft Windows OS, SQL servers, with some occasional Linux administration.
- Network administration is on switches, routers, and firewall devices with most configuration activities being Layer 2 switching with some occasional Layer 3 routing work.
- Monitor device health and identify issues using common industry toolsets.
- Problem tracking, management, and resolution of issues in a 24/7 manufacturing location.
- The candidate will be called upon to perform duties during off-hours on occasion as needed.
- Learn, understand, and apply organizational Standard Practices to Operational Technology infrastructure assets.
- Engage in auditing, compliance, and risk assessment processes.
- Ensure computer system inventory and software licensing is accurate.
- Identify, Analyze, and Elevate potential Cybersecurity events according to company procedures.
- Daily activities may include system backup administration, anti-virus administration, performance tuning, Microsoft Active Directory administration, network security detection administration, administration of the physical IP cabling and IP address assignments, updating of network diagrams, security policy management, data access controls, software patch management, risk management, change control administration, database administration, and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
- Administration of server operating system logging to identify security or reliability issues.
- Support of the Refinery data historian through routine database maintenance, data compression, and access requests.
- Implement hardware, software, and/or network solutions; ensuring standards are applied consistently.
- Close interaction with business partners during development, support, and implementation of in-house or 3rd party systems.
- Must have 4-7 years of overall practical and relevant work experience.
- Must have 2 or more years of experience in IT Infrastructure Administration.
- Server, Workstation, and/or Network Support and Log Monitoring experience is required.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must understand business requirements and translate these requirements into solutions.
- A firm understanding of computing security and reliability practices is required.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and time management skills.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10%.
Preferred Additional Requirements
- Previous experience in OT, Honeywell Experion, Emerson DeltaV, Foxboro, SCADA, or Refining environment beneficial.
- Experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) a plus.
- Experience with configuration of Cisco, Sonicwall, Tofino, or Checkpoint devices is a plus.
- Microsoft, VMware, and/or Cisco certifications are a plus.