The Server Management Technical Lead performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
The Server Management Technical Lead shall:
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Serve as a technical expert and manager for all Server (Windows, UNIX - Solaris, Linux - Red Hat, and Mainframe - z/OS) operations and maintenance;
- A dvise on Server systems design, architecture, and engineering;
- Manage the Image engineering of all Servers;
- Serve as a technical advisor for complex Server support issues;
- Maintain a detailed expertise of the Server platforms deployed, including Device and Software configurations;
- Maintain a detailed expertise of virtualization technologies and applications;
- Maintain a detailed expertise of Server monitoring, encryption, and security assurance technologies;
- Manage test activities and the evaluation of new configurations, patches, upgrades, and Image modifications; and advise on technology innovations, security threats, and other industry trends.
- Bachelors in an Information Technology and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience.
- Experience with Windows, UNIX-Solaris, LINUS-Red Hat, and Mainframe - Z/OS.
- Previous Supervisor experience of projects or project teams.
- Experience in the implementation and customization of Server Management and performance tooling.
- Experience understanding Unix and Windows operating systems and associated capabilities.
- Proficient in analytical project planning, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
My SAIC Benefits.