Desktop Support Specialist
If interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your updated resume to Melissa at
The main function of an Enterprise Service Desk Representative is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
- Under immediate supervision, conduct operations in support of the Enterprise Service Desk and existing non-local Service Desks, execute scripts, produce tailored reports, conduct audits, conduct Tier 1 analysis for Service Desk escalation, open and close tickets, correlate events and incidents for management of Information Technology Services.
- Provides Tier I and II technical software, hardware and network problem resolution for clients by performing problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions or may provide expertise to solve first and second tier technical support issues for end-users of the organization's products and services.
- Uses automated information systems to analyze routine situations.
- Reviews incoming requests, both computer generated and verbal, sort, code and may prioritize for proper action.
- Resolves problems or contacts more senior technical support as necessary.
- Supports users by fulfilling individual requests for information and/or training in the utilization of the various databases available.
- Conducts technical research for source of information required in support of request for information related to ongoing programs and proposal efforts.
- Maintains network diagrams and circuit records. Instructs users in the use of PCs and networks.
- May perform basic PC, PBX, and network software programming.
- Interacts with other team members, such as network services, software engineering, and/or applications development to restore services and/or identify and correct the core problem.
- Customer service/phone support
- Experience with hardware, software, and systems support or maintenance, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, applications, and technical tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly with others, both verbally and in writing, including sharing technical information with non-technical users. Advanced customer service skills. Ability to analyze information and problem-solve.
- Excellent knowledge of imaging, group policies, and task sequence.
- Knowledge of telephony technology, cabling, and IT Project Management practices and principles.
- Must be able to respond in person and address emergent and IT concerns within a reasonable amount of time 24 hours a day.
- CompTIA cerification (CE version)
- Candidates must be s able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or