Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Agent - L1
to join our team in Salt Lake City, UT. Responsibilities Include:
Qualifications REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Assists in the set up, operation and monitoring of the control console of a mainframe or minicomputer for the processing of data and preparation of business/scientific reports, studies, and analysis under direct supervision of engineer or senior operator.
- Follows established procedures performs the more routine and standard operations such as loading input and output materials including tapes, cards, discs, forms, etc
- Starts and monitors standard runs where documentation is readily available; observes control panels for malfunctions, errors or operator messages and responds accordingly.
- Refers complex problems to more experienced operators or others.
- Performs routine and repetitive tasks associated with data center production control activities.
- Changes or adds PCs in racks and connecting cables.
- Monitors and documents notifications and alarms detected in systems and following procedures to correct or escalate for action.
- Interfaces with customers or with suppliers via phone and/or email to request or deliver status information on data status or on equipment status according to procedures.
- Supports operation of outdoor equipment used by data center (e.g., communication satellite equipment).
- Refers customer or potential customer inquiries to designated personnel in timely manner according to procedures.
HS Diploma Required
Must be ====
Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance required, active Secret clearance preferred.
Ability to obtain CompTIA Security+ CE certification within 90 days (3 months) of hire date; Active CompTIA Security+ CE certification preferred Required Skills:
- Requires basic knowledge of data processing fundamentals and equipment operation as normally acquired from completion of basic equipment training course/program.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to work shift work.
- Knowledge of PC use, data entry, and executing written procedures or directions on computers interfaces, and connecting cables to IT devices.
- Understanding of computers, problem ticketing, written procedures, and problem escalation.
- Experience in delivering high caliber soft skills including interpersonal skills (e.g. courtesy, patience, and professionalism), customer service, and initiative.
My SAIC Benefits.