Apex Systems is looking to hire multiple Service Desk Analysts for one of our government clients!
If you're interested, please send an updated resume to Courtney Moody at email@example.com and a good time/number you are available for a call to discuss the role.Position:
Service Desk Analyst Location:
REMOTE during Covid, then onsite in National Harbor Job Type:
Contract to HIRE Hours:
Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PMPosition Summary:
Qualified candidates will provide mid-level support for an Information Technology (IT) Help Desk which receives and resolves 15,000 tickets monthly through the ServiceNow service management software. The IT Help Desk supports a 10,000+ user community within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate sound customer service and telephone etiquette in responding to customer calls or inquiries for service and support
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, problem solving, and a desire to provide outstanding customer support
- Analyze and resolve complex service requests and incidents that have been escalated by the junior level analysts
- Leverage remote control technology (such as BOMGAR) while troubleshooting desktop and laptop problems
- Utilize advanced technical skills to analyze and resolve technical issues and tasks, including but not limited to setting up shared drives, mapping network drives, installing and updating software, and network troubleshooting
- Ability to perform in-depth troubleshooting skills on Windows Operating Systems (Windows 10, 7 & Windows 2000), Microsoft Office products, and various Internet browsers to include Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
- Experience with patch management software (e.g., SCCM)
- Experience installing, upgrading, and removing software
- Experience using ServiceNow service management software (or similar tool) to track incidents and service requests through the full lifecycle
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly (MS Operating Systems, Office Products, and DHS specified software).
- Advanced experience with Active Directory management & administration
- Knowledgeable of Problem Management best practice and processes
- Ability to obtain DHS EOD
? Desired Qualifications:
Experience and Education Requirements:
- COMPTIA A+, or Network+, or Security+ Certification
- MCP Certification
- ITIL v3 certification
- HDI Certification
- Knowledgeable of Configuration Change Management best practices
Lead for tasking in operations systems discipline areas (requirements and operations analysis; system vulnerability analysis; system plan and procedure development; design of back-up systems and C2 systems to ensure COOP and continuity of government; program support; system documentation; T&E, etc.) Independently performs tasks in operations systems discipline.
BA/BS or equivalent and three years applicable experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.