SERVICE DESK ANALYST
The Service Desk Analyst will support and maintain company laptops, desktops, peripherals, software, and IT Systems. This will include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and software while ensuring optimal performance. This position is internally client facing and requires strong client service skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Field incoming helpdesk requests from the user community in a courteous manner via phone calls, service desk requests, email and/or walkups.
- Obtain and document detailed issue descriptions from the end user.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues using diagnostic and service desk request tracking tools, as well as provide hands-on assistance as needed.
- Use the service desk system to track, record, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful attempts at resolving the issue through to the final resolution.
- Support users across dispersed locations using remote assistance software and a variety of communication tools.
- Prioritize and schedule issues, escalating and assigning service desk requests to the appropriate discipline area.
- Provide training and support to the user community and fellow team members on computer operations and other areas as they are needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot IT related hardware, software, peripherals, and printers.
- Liaise and provide assistance to other IT functional areas as needed.
- Perform post resolution follow-ups to service desk requests.
- Develop Frequently Asked Questions, Knowledgebase articles, and other documentation for use by the user community.
- Maintain inventory of all IT related hardware.
- Develop and maintain software installation and configuration documentation for use by IT.
- Recommend, schedule and perform hardware and software improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- When necessary, liaise with third-party support and vendors.
- Education in a Computer Science or MIS related field.
- Experience with service desk tools.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience supporting a user community remotely over dispersed locations.
- Excellent technical knowledge of IT related hardware such as laptops, desktops, multi-function printers, peripherals, large format printers and copiers.
- 2+ years hardware and software troubleshooting experience in a business environment.
- Experience supporting software applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Adobe Creative Suite and Google applications.
- Ability to read, understand and use technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research on IT related problems and products.
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical terminology to the user community in a way they can relate to and understand.
- Self-motivated and directed and pays close attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to keep up the pace of a high-pressure environment by prioritizing and task dividing.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Technical certifications.
- Experience supporting AEC software applications such as 2D/3D AutoCAD, Revit, Virtual Reality and other visualization software.
- Experience working for an architectural and/or engineering firm.