Richmond, VA **Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume if you wish to apply**
We are looking for Service Desk Analysts of all skill levels to join our team in the Richmond area. In these roles, you will help improve the productivity of employees by being the initial contact for information technology requests and issues. Identifying and resolving applicable incidents and requests or accurately routing to the appropriate resolving team in a timely and professional manner via telephone, email, chat and occasional hands-on support.
Excellent customer service should be your motto by being a self-starter, problem solver and excellent communicator. You can juggle multiple priorities each urgent and competing for your time.
Provide support for all employees and subsidiaries by responding to inbound calls, chat and web tickets. Will provide educational support as well as break/fix resolutions, or route issues according to documented guidelines to other teams. Position requires the use of solid technical troubleshooting, communication, and customer service skills.**Please email email@example.com with your resume if you wish to apply**
- Resolves issues surrounding computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems while demonstrating expertise in customer service and technical knowledge
- Must be flexible and able to work within a 24/7/365 support environment.
- Receives inbound customer contacts via various channels (phone, chat, web)
- Records, maintains and updates records in the Service Management ticketing system, and follows knowledge database for troubleshooting and procedural guidelines.
- Routes tickets for issues which cannot be resolved at the service desk (First Call Resolution) to the appropriate resolving groups.
- Performs analysis of incident and request tickets to assist with corrective action to restore functionality or fulfill request
- Documents and submits incident resolutions to the knowledge database in order to assist other Service Desk Analysts with problem resolutions.
- Handle Service Desk queue management responsibilities, when necessary
- Review tickets which have been assigned to the Service Desk via the ITSM Service management system
- Review, resolve, or route those tickets as appropriate
- Inform the service desk staff of critical incidents and provide routing, categorization, and related ticket data
- Participate in Major Incident bridge lines to provide feedback of call and ticket data relating to the incident and to pass along guidance to the other agents on progress.
- Draft business-facing communications related to ongoing Major Incidents for distribution to impacted users.
- Handle Knowledge Management responsibilities, writing, reviewing, and publishing Knowledge Base articles
- Provide training to junior team members on process and technology
- Provide "white-glove" support and handle escalations from other team members
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org