Kforce has a client that is seeking a Service Desk Analyst in Boston, MA.
The Division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Service Desk Analyst. As part of the Customer Experience team, the Service Desk Analyst will provide support remotely with a chance of in-person, training, and technology consultation to faculty, staff students and partners relating to effective use of technologies, including computer, audiovisual, mobility, telephony, network connectivity, and various software applications. Thoroughly documents all work completed into the appropriate call-tracking and incident management systems.
Responsibilities of the Service Desk Analyst:
* Service Desk Analyst will handle documentation includes a clearly defined description of the problem, complete troubleshooting steps, customer communications, equipment asset information and a complete description of the resolution
* Follows known processes and best practices and identifies and actively works towards improvements
* Service Desk Analyst will routinely utilize and contributes to the knowledge- base and actively promotes utilization to both internal and external customers
* Assists in troubleshooting Tier I, Tier II and some Tier III level issues and notification of enterprise problems
* Ensures appropriate and accurate escalation of incidents that require resolution by other ITS groups beyond the Service Desk
* Service Desk Analyst provides reports and statistical analysis upon request
* Partners with other ITS groups and acts as a subject matter expert for the Service Desk
* Participates in project development and roll out implementation
* Provides expert consultation on technology both current and future to various departments and Colleges
* A Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required; The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-4 years applicable experience
* Extensive experience supporting connectivity, mobile devices personal computers, MacIntosh and Windows desktops and laptops, and Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft applications as well as a portfolio of software applications for both personal productivity and collaboration
* Experience in AV media and telephony a plus
* An understanding of knowledgebase general concepts with a passion for providing an end user self-help experience is required
* The position requires a logical and structured approach to troubleshooting and decision making with an emphasis on superior customer service
* Familiarity with service desk applications and/or incident management environments desired
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are required
* A flexible schedule is a must as the Service Desk hours may include evenings, holidays, and weekends
* Must be passionate about supporting customers and delivering an amazing experience
* To ensure that essential services are provided to the University community, the employee may be required to work outside their regular working hours and on some university holidays
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.