The Service Desk Lead (SDL) administers the operations of computer systems related to operating systems, servers, and end-user workstations at CSBS and SRR. Although the SDL is not responsible for writing new application software, the SDL demonstrates understanding of how software behaves in order to deploy, configure and troubleshoot systems. Additionally, the engineer researches innovative technologies and leverages optimization techniques to ensure that systems operate efficiently.
The Service Desk Lead aids in the oversight and support of Service Desk functions and Audio/Visual conference room support. The SDL is familiar with Windows Server operating systems, however principle responsibilities are focused on end user computing technologies such as Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 apps and services, conferencing technologies, mobile technologies, and workstation end point management tools designed to aid in software deployment, anti-virus, intrusion detection and standard configurations. Essential Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- Provide oversight and support of Service Desk program, to include: Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management, End user equipment provision, and audio/visual conferencing support.
- Monitor Service Desk metrics (e.g. KPI, SLA, OLA, etc.) to evaluate and improve performance
- Produce and maintain technology process documentation such as Checklists, FAQ, Job Aids, Quick Guides and Work Processes.
- Act as a technical lead on projects specific to principal responsibilities.
- Build and maintain web, virtual, and client server environments for the enterprise.
- Maintain the operations of all virtual, web, and client systems to ensure availability.
- Leverage optimization techniques to maximize the efficiency of computer systems.
- Perform critical system maintenance to increase efficiency and throughput.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to operating systems and servers.
- Support infrastructure team responsibilities to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues.
- Implement and maintain a IT Service Continuity documentation to assess, prioritize, and recover systems in the event of failure.
- Train technical support staff on solving common systems-related problems.
- Build and implement software standards for servers, operating systems, and end-user workstations.
- Work with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system-specific skills.
- Work closely with various Operations/Engineering teams to troubleshoot issues and ensure our customers satisfaction and the overall health of our various environments.
- Contribute systems expertise to CSBS teams working on future system directions and current challenges.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems infrastructure.
- Provide input to capacity planning and scalability to ensure systems are optimized to handle our continuing growth.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot IT services including systems, network, telephony, Audio/Visual conferencing.
- Serve as an IT business partner for internal departments on administrative or technical matters, as well as assigned projects.
- Involved in hardware procurement, system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, troubleshooting and servicing.
- Uses skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Demonstrates considerable judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- May serve as a Service Level Manager
- Support CSBS vendor contract responsibilities as documented and required
- Support and act in accordance with existing and to-be developed IT Service Management Policy and Process.
- Offsite IT support and travel during CSBS conference events.
- Support on-call escalations and shift work that fall outside of core business hours as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in relevant Information Technology support functions.
- Technical supervision or leadership experience within a Service Desk organization
- ITIL v3 or 4 Foundation Certification or above
- Over 2 years of vendor management experience
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM module strongly desired but not required
- Outstanding customer service, communication and documentation skills, as well as ability to interact and communicate with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and skillfully.
- Strong logical and analytical thinker.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions.
- Can anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment.
- Comfortable under high-stress and exhibits poise and focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience with Windows system administration, including automated installation, shell scripting, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Experience with automating tasks and utilizing proper change management.
- Ability to document current requirements and enhance existing processes throughout our infrastructure.
- Experience with technical facilities environments (i.e. cooling, power infrastructure) as well as with facilities projects.
- Experience supporting relevant projects such as: Hardware refresh projects, software deployments or upgrade, Office moves, etc.
- Proficiency with relevant business systems, operating systems, and servers.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts (e.g. Systems, Protocols, Directory Services).
- Skilled in light programming, project management of initiatives, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work as part of dynamic team whilst demonstrating flexibility, autonomy and a desire to make things happen.
Values Instilled Behaviors for Excellence
Member/ Customer Service
- Capability to build and value relationships
- Ability to prioritize work
- Advocate and advance member's goals
- Ability to give credit to others
- Have a pitch in attitude
- Learns from successes and setbacks
- Listens and learns from others
- Speaks the truth even when uncomfortable
- Ability to honor the expertise of others
- Recognizes the contributions of others
- Ability to consult and communication effectively
- Desires to make others successful
- Ability to preserve through adversity
- Willingness to experiment and take risks
- Plans ahead and is a forward thinking individual
Achievement Oriented Thinking
- Is a solutions-oriented thinker
- Has good time management skills
- Manages expectations of what is achievable
- Asks questions and takes ownership for understanding why the change is happening and the risk of not changing actively
- Adopts the new habits, monitors own performance and checks self against the objectives and seeks help when they don t match
- Identifies and mitigates obstacles
- Asks for and openly accepts feedback
- Recognizes and understands one s moods, emotions and drives, as well as their effect on others
- Leaves room for doubt realizes there is always room to grow
- Office work environment.
- Occasional off-hours maintenance work.