GDIT seeks a Level 4 Service Desk Specialist with Active TS/SCI Clearance.
- Must have TOP SECRET (TS/SCI) with the ability to obtain a favorable polygraph
- AA or equivalent + 6 yrs related experience or customer service experience
- Two or more years of technical training or customer support
- Security+ or willingness to pass Security+ test as a condition of and prior to employment.
- Ability and willingness to work shift work as needed and a minimum of one overtime shift 1 weekend day each month
- Experience working with company products and operating systems
- Experience with solving computer-related problems
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives
General Dynamics Information Technology is hiring Help Desk Technical Specialists with Top Secret/SCI clearances to support mission critical assignments that keep our nation safe and secure.
If you have a Top Secret/ SCI and want to continue to learn and be part of something bigger, join GDIT in our state of the art, Innovation Technology Center (ITC) today! Your new career opportunity is waiting for you!
Relocation Assistance is available!
Essential Job Functions:
- Answers help desk inquires for assigned account(s) and responds to moderately complex customer inquiries to ensure customer needs are met.
- Assists the customer in resolving complex technical problems on a primary account by providing guidance regarding software and hardware problems.
- Resolves and/or refers highly complex technical problems as appropriate.
- Follows up with customers to ensure that customer inquiries are resolved within the contracted or agreed upon time frame.
- Logs and tracks inquiries using a problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved.
- Analyzes and evaluates inquiry/problem reports and makes recommendations to reduce help desk call rates.
- Efficiently escalates incidents when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops and common windows applications
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems.
- Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records.
- May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases.
- Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
GDIT (General Dynamics Information Technology) is the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. We deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
We are a company of over 40,000 smart, talented individuals who are committed to a stronger and better future for America through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
Delivering Next Generation IT Solutions
We deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Committed to Our Country and Communities
Whether we're helping our U.S. government customers meet their mission and operational challenges or working to address critical needs within our local communities, we bring the same level of passion and commitment, developing solutions that meet or exceed the challenge.
As an employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation's most critical missions. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.