Service Desk Supervisor
Salary Range: $5,066.67-$10,175.00/Month
Final Filing Date: 9/15/2020
Under the general direction of the IT Manager, responsible for management of CAHFS software and asset inventories, and supervises the Department's general help desk support for approximately 200 users, support for specialized mission critical software, data retrieval and business intelligence operations, and website management. Provides technical, analytical, project management, IT security, customer service, and policy guidance for assigned areas, providing feedback and support to the IT Manager, recommending strategies, innovative solutions, metrics and benchmarks to support data-driven decisions and results, and provides leadership, mentoring and oversight for all support operations staff. As a self-supporting unit with multiple offsite locations, CAHFS is directly responsible for the majority of its information technology infrastructure.
- Experience managing team operations, including but not limited to organizing workflow, delegating/assigning work, training, motivating, evaluating, performance management, and conflict resolution.
- Experience establishing goals and priorities with regard to streamlining and standardizing processes and practices according to IT Service Management good practices and aligning IT services to business goals per ITIL versions 2, 3 and/or 2011.
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Windows, Apple MacOS X, UNIX and VMWare client and server operating systems.
- Experience providing project management for IT projects, such as software/hardware deployments, service development/transition/operation, etc., and knowledge of project management methodologies sufficient to plan and coordinate resources, time and staff.
- Experience supporting both technical and non-technical clients both internal and external to an IT organization with a customer-service orientation, including experience with issue/request tracking systems.
- Interpersonal communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with individuals of varying demographics and perspectives to research, secure, and/or provide information to clarify situations, resolve problems and/or train/guide other staff members.
- Knowledge of and experience with cyber-safety, computer and network security principles and practices.
- Experience with application or systems development languages (e.g., C, C++, C#, Objective C, Visual Basic, Java).
- Experience planning for disaster recovery and business continuity, and documenting and maintaining such plans.
- Experience with database administration (DBA) tasks including performance tuning, replication, and high-availability, normalization, and data warehousing.
- Experience managing access to highly-sensitive data, such as medical records or banking data.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
Job ID # 10085
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer