OM is looking for candidates to fill a Service Desk Technician role in our Maryland office.
NOTE WORK HOURS Night Shift Typically 12 hrs
Medical Starting Day one, plus Linked in learning to advance your career
The position’s role is to serve as the first point of contact for internal and external users when service disruptions occur. The Service Desk is directly responsible for triaging alerts, incoming service requests, and troubleshooting technical events in direct support of our end users. You will be able to demonstrate exceptional critical thinking, systems analysis, and breadth of technology capabilities along with excellent customer service skills. There are no boundaries on where this position can grow with a high potential of advancement for employees that show strong leadership and the ability to innovate.
- Provide first-level contact and issue resolution for all users with hardware, software, and application problems. Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Responsible for all tickets/requests/calls to ensure they are correctly documented, assigned, communicated, and updated with the relevant information and escalated, as necessary.
- The employee will work based on shift schedule staffing our Service Desk providing 24 X 7 X 365 availability for customer needs
- Respond to email and phone requests in a timely manner and restore normal service to internal and external users based on established and approved service level objectives.
- Brief end-users and/or management on the status of resolution efforts.
- Participate in technical and business-related projects and demonstrate the ability to follow standard ITIL processes.
- Maintain and upgrade computer hardware and equipment as needed.
- Ability to communicate well with clients, including clear explanations of complex technical issues.
- Ability to follow standard processes and complete documentation as needed.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to stay organized and focused while handling multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to execute initiatives successfully and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and ability to work in a team environment while maintaining a high level of independence.
- Other duties as assigned
- A.A or B.S. Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- One year minimum of experience working in a network operations center, or monitoring a client environment
- Desired Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundations, CompTIA A+
- Experience working in technical support and/or service capacity that demonstrates an ability to resolve issues within expectations and to the satisfaction of the customer/client.
- Working knowledge of the following: Virtualization including VMware, VSphere and/or VMware View, Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 / 2016, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Office, VoIP phone system, Storage Area Network (SAN) or Network Attached Storage (NAS), Windows 10, Active Directory, Mobile Devices, and Networking. Azure experience a plus.
- Willing and able to work business hours as assigned as well as willing to work off-hours as needed, including weekends and holidays.
- ServiceNow or other ticketing system experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail