• Will solve issues for moderately complex problems in all technical areas and will solve extremely complex problems in at least one technical area.
• Apply policies to situations with minimal interpretation.
• Performing project work as assigned under the supervision of a lead or manager.
• Team player attitude, excellent communication skills, and the capacity to work with minimum supervision; good customer handling skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Two-four years of experience configuring, installing, troubleshooting and repairing printers, PC and laptops
Ability to provide technical support to computer users both on the telephone and face-to-face when necessary
• Strong amount of technical knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2003/2007 products, Market Data Applications (ex. Bloomberg) and telephony environments. Expert level knowledge in at least one of these areas.
• Ability to broaden knowledge in the functional areas of IT and be proficient in 2 or more functional areas
• Strong basic execution capabilities within functional areas of IT
• Moderate proficiency in troubleshooting desktop computer issues, both hardware and software
• Ability to manage a work queue in a ticketing system
• The focus of a service desk person is to stay at the service desk and service people over the phone. Some problems are more easily handled in person, also during periods of high call volume, problems may be delegated to a desk top support person from a service desk person for reasons of efficiency Provide Level 1 technical support for users of desktop hardware and software in the same location and level 2 technical support for users of desktop hardware and software in remote locations.
• For any problem where the user is in the same location, during periods of very high call volume, incumbent may forward the problem to a desktop support technician even if they are technically capable of solving it themselves.
• Contribute to work flow or process change/redesign to the team where improvements are identified thru troubleshooting
• Performing Active Directory actions such as password resets and data entry, as required.
• Work overtime hours, weekend hours and on-call hours as required
• Excellent customer services skills; good telephone presence.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
• The Service Desk Technician will perform a variety of support activities including but not limited to the remediation of desktop computer issues and the support of desktop computer users with their hardware and software needs. He or she will answer phone calls and log issues with an incident tracking system. The Technician will escalate and track issues when immediate resolution is not possible. The Technician will perform other duties in service to the Technical Services department as required
• Provide initial troubleshooting of application and hardware issues. Issues of moderate complexity for any type of desktop hardware and software should normally be solved without assistance. In at least one technical area of specialization, incumbent should be able to solve problems of the highest complexity. For more complex issues in areas beyond the incumbents primary area of specialization, incumbent will collect data and escalate complex issues to Senior Service Desk or Desktop support staff and track those issues through completion
411 Business Center Dr, Suite 113 Mount Prospect, IL, 60056Contact