We are currently seeking an experienced Service Desk Technician to join our growing team. As a Service Desk Technician, you will provide first level technical support to end users. The Service Desk Technician is responsible for configuring, installing and troubleshooting computer hardware and software issues. This position requires support through phone, remote access and face to face interaction. The ideal candidate should be familiar with service desk ticketing systems in general as well as possess the ability to troubleshoot technical issues effectively with both local and remote users.
Personal Characteristics and Competencies
Great interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management and staff as needed.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving issues. Therefore, this person must have an efficient and pleasant communication style.
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations while prioritizing and tracking the progress of service requests and resolutions.
- Personal drive to ensure high end user satisfaction levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Initial point of contact for end users and provide technical assistance for incoming service requests related to end user computer systems, hardware and software.
- Responsible for tracking and documenting service requests and their solutions within the IT ticketing system.
- Configuration and setup associated with new, changing, or departed end users:
- Interact with other business and IT staff to ensure proper user setup timeline.
- Phone system adds, moves and changes.
- Laptop and desktop imaging, configuration, setup and optimization.
- Provision and maintain various Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android devices.
- Deploy and support network and local printers, scanners, copiers and other user peripherals.
- Asset management and tracking of end user workstations, laptops, etc.
- Test connectivity and resolve basic technical problems within Local Area Networks (LAN).
- Participate in migrations and upgrade projects or other duties as needed.
- Provide training on an as-needed basis to end users both local and remote.
- Escalating tickets to the appropriate IT personnel as required and in a timely manner.
- Office 365, Collaboration, Messaging, Video Conference equipment.
- 3+ years of Windows OS administration, configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Must be proficient in supporting both Windows 7 and 10 operating systems in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability supporting Microsoft Office (current versions) and Office 365.
- A working knowledge of IT Service Management with the ability to analyze and develop ITSM processes is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of networking and client connectivity (Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, Wi-Fi)
- Ability to perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level including installing and upgrading software and configuring systems and applications.
- Strong attention to detail, effective listening skills and the ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions through detailed analysis and review.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members, other teams, management, and end users.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory preferred.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve on-site and remote PC related computing problems
"We Engineer your success" Britech Group, Inc is a Technology Staffing Company who are experts in integrating exceptional people with top companies. Additional Job Openings- http://britechgroup.com