CGI seeks a Service Desk Technician.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Knowledge of desktop operating systems, specifically Windows 10, various software applications, and basic hardware for PC, Internet technologies, and products
• Excellent customer service & communication skills
• Problem-solving skills and patience to instruct callers on the steps to take to resolve their technical challenges
• Ability to work both independently and with a team
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with customers, team members, and management
• Call Center experience or equivalent customer service
• Completion of a 2 year technical program from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
• This position requires sitting at a desk taking phone calls for the majority of the work day
• Experience with ServiceNow or other IT Service Management tool
• 1 - 2 Years of technical support and/or telephone customer service experience preferred
• ITIL Foundations Certificate
• A+ Certification
Would you like to be part of an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Come join us at CGI to support one of our clients in an exciting industry. As a support center analyst you will provide excellent customer service to our client, supporting their IT systems from desktops, to applications and platforms. As a leading-edge Global IT company, we are seeking talented professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support our Clients worldwide. Based on our industry-specific focus, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged and will grow and develop your career in a meaningful way. We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback… plus opportunities to advance!
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work in a technical support center analyst providing telephone, chat, and web ticket assistance to corporate clients
• Record incidents reported by clients; support the client through the resolution process
• Escalate incidents and requests to a higher level, if applicable
• Work in close collaboration with specialized technical teams
• Respond to common technical incidents and support requests by providing a resolution or promptly allocating unresolved tickets appropriately
• Perform support actions remotely
• Maintain and monitor ticket and advise relevant support teams of actions taken
• Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed-upon procedures.
• Adherence to schedule / compliance for attendance
• Compliance for CGI IS/IT Policy and well as CGI Code of Ethics
• This is a 24x7, 365 Operation, candidate must be willing to work shifts and may be required to work weekends and/or nights
• This position may require rotating shift work. This position requires full-time work in the CGI office space.
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -