SyApps is a Technology and Management Consulting Services firm based in Greater Washington area, with focus on solutions in the area of Strategy, Process, Technology and Management support. As a diverse end-to end IT and Management solution Provider, SyApps offers a range of expertise aimed at helping customers re-engineer and re-invent their business to compete successfully in an ever-changing marketplace.
Please visit us at www.syapps.com. Role: ServiceNow Technical LeadLocation: Washington DC Type: Contract (needs a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. or Permanent resident due to the nature of the contract)
The ServiceNow Technical Lead is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise service management solutions in ServiceNow. Primary responsibility is to be a hands-on ServiceNow specialist, BA, developer and a key resource in developing solutions and applications for AARP s ITSM/ServiceNow system. The position requires ITSM expertise along with technical knowledge of ServiceNow, and service planning. The ServiceNow Technical Lead should understand technical and functional design requirements for ServiceNow, follow industry best practices and patterns in building ITSM systems, provide high-level design and implement technical solutions for ServiceNow. Understanding the workflow engines is necessary. The ServiceNow Technical Lead must be able to design and architect ServiceNow CMDB, discovery jobs, and automation workflows using ServiceNow Orchestrator. The candidate must be a self-starter and multitask across multiple projects in a fast-paced team-based environment. Candidate must exemplify the AARP mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with AARP policies and procedures.Key Responsibilities
- Lead and complete all technical aspects and tool solution delivery including application UI configuration, workflow configuration, development of required client specific reporting, development of requirement integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.)
- Design, plan, and administer ServiceNow at an architect level
- Design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow
- Maintain technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in ServiceNow
- Evaluate and report on new ServiceNow technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud based and virtualized services
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences
- Keep current with skills and research the software industry to help pave the way for future development strategies
- 5+years of ITSM experience or related workflow development practice and techniques experience
- 5+ years of experience in ServiceNow Development in an enterprise environment
- Technical expert in ITSM and ServiceNow
- Must have experience in Hardware and Software Asset Management (HAM, SAM) modules.
- Must hold ServiceNow System Administrator certification at a minimum. (CSA.)
- Must have extensive experience with ITOM, specifically Event Management (EM) and integrations.
- Experience in the implementation, administration, maintenance and enhancements of ServiceNow
- Hands-on experience with one or more implementation of ServiceNow ITSM, and ITOM is required.
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform including creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request, Asset, Discovery, CMDB Management, Portal Development, Event Management, etc.
- End-to-End Service Catalog development and complex workflows
- Experience developing custom applications within ServiceNow platform
- Experience developing ServiceNow APIs, ServiceNow Workflows, UI Pages, UI Macros, Business Scripts, Client Scripts, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Policies, Script Includes, and Security Rules (ACLs).
- Experience building custom automation workflows and development of customized modules
- Experience with migration from legacy toolsets into ServiceNow
- Experience with ServiceNow upgrades
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems through SOAP or REST APIs
- Experience using Orchestrator and Workflow Editor to configure workflows and automate tasks
- Must have experience in devising possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options, and working as part of a team
- Overall 10 or more years of IT experience
- Jelly a plus i.e., UI Macros / UI Page development
- Advanced Skills with ServiceNow Development APIs
- Web Service Integration experience
- LDAP Integration experience
- Single Sign-on configuration and administration
- RDBMS/SQL Experience - in establishing integrations through JDBC and the MID Server
- Business Process Management/Automation
- SecOps and GRC a Plus
- BS/BA IT, Computer Science, or equiv./related experience
- ITIL Foundation Certified i.e., ITIL v3, ITIL v4
- ServiceNow System Administration Certified
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist Certified
- ServiceNow Developer Certified
- Additional ServiceNow certifications a plus!
SyApps LLC is a Winner of the SmartCEO/Grant Thornton Future 50 Award for being recognized as one of 50 fastest growing companies in the Greater Washington Area.
We are proud of our diverse environment, Equal Opportunity Employer. SyApps is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. SyApps participates in E-Verify.